Help Your Loved One
Help Your Loved One
Signs Your Loved One is Using Drugs or Alcohol
There are many physical and behavioral signs that someone is abusing alcohol or drugs. Many substances have different manifestations, but here are some general indicators that can reveal a drug problem.
- Sudden behavior changes or mood swings
- Withdrawing from family
- Neglecting personal hygiene
- Loss of interest in enjoyable activities
- Changes in sleeping pattern
- Irritability or angry outbursts
- Spending increasing amounts of time with questionable friends
Encouraging Your Loved One to Seek Help
Guilt and shame hold many addicts back from seeking help. Most people struggling with drugs and alcohol want to change, but don’t know how to break the cycle of needing the substance to function. Here are a few tips on helping your loved one begin the path to recovery.
- Find the right facility first! Research different treatment options, narrowing them down until you find the best environment and approach for that person.
- Speak to him or her calmly, without accusations or criticism. He already feels guilty and needs to know that you love and support him.
- If he says he definitely wants to quit drugs or alcohol, calmly let him know you have found a Christian recovery center that can help.
- If he agrees to receive help, have everything lined up so all you need to do is pack and arrange transportation to our Christian rehab in Prescott Valley. You’ll want him to arrive there before withdrawals can begin, so trained staff can help him through the medical detox process.
- Approach him when he is the most sober. In most cases, this is when he first wakes up.
- Listen for statements about wanting to get clean. Let him know that you want to help any way you can.
Testimonials from Graduates and Family
How We Can Help
- Our Extended Program consists of 2 phases
- length of program is 6 months up to 1 year or more
- We Can adjust the Program Length depending on personal growth and healing needs
- Christian Sober living and scheduled outdoor activities
Call Us To Learn More
- We’d love to help you find the right program.
- We’re happy to answer your questions about our Christian rehab program.